all i can do is be me. whoever that is. -bobdylan

Thursday, June 25, 2009

never say never.


Tonight I was thinking about a lot of things that have happened recently. so many things are changing.. and honestly, I don't want them to. Content is the best way to describe how I feel right now. Maybe a little misplaced. I think back to where I was two years ago. I was unbelievably happy. I was surrounded by amazing friends, never a dull moment with that group. My heart was in a great place with my boyfriend [and YES he really was my boyfriend then!]. I had my plans set. I made so many plans. I had mapped out every single thing that I wanted. Who I would marry, where we would live, what I would do with my life, where I would work...

Now fast forward to present day.

Literally every single thing that I had planned for myself then is different than what I thought it would be. It's like I laid my planned life out to God and He karate chopped it. Pieces flying everywhere. Then he forced me to trust Him and His will for my life. I have spent the past year picking up the pieces of my so-called "perfectly planned out life" trying to figure out where to go from here. I gave up trying to figure it out and I think I'm starting to see His way. I realize that no matter what I have planned for my life, God's plan is better than anything I invent in my head. He has given me everything I need and, even better, things I didn't even know I needed. Giving and receiving trust has shown to be so completely rewarding and I can't wait for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment